Monday, September 23, 2013

My Favorite Room in the House

I am so excited to be writing my first "real" blog post!

This post is very special to me because I am sharing Berkley's nursery, which happens to be my favorite room in the house. We spend a lot of time in her room, and I am so pleased with how it turned out!

When deciding on a nursery theme for her, I knew that obviously we would be using pink, but I also wanted to make sure that it was something that she could grow into. I didn't want to make it too "baby" for when she was a toddler. I chose to use pink, grey, and white because they were classic colors that always look great together and the Paris accents were added because they gave the nursery the Parisian flair that complemented her bedding.


My mom had the idea to add a chair rail, but to do it higher than it is normally placed. Originally we were going to paint the grey dots, but after a little thinking, we decided that using vinyl wall stickers would be MUCH easier. I love them, they are great and super easy. You can find them here.




Berkley's bedding took me sometime to find. I could not find anything that was not some sort of "themed" bedding. After looking through pottery barn, Crate&Barrel, etc. I decided to have it custom made. The bedding is amazing quality. The set included a bedskirt, bumper, quilt (with pink minky lining), and pink sheet (not-pictured). It was perfect, fit the crib beautifully and is perfectly girly :)



The picture that is hanging on this wall is very special to my family. It is now in it's fourth generation! It hung in my grandmother's room when she was a little girl, my mom's room, my room, and now Berkley's room! It is so neat to have a small piece of my grandmother in her nursery.



My mom made the curtain for the window and the runner for the bookshelf to match the dots on the walls. She wanted it to have a Parisian theme as well, I love the bows!


Of course Madeline was included. It has been one of my favorite books since I was a little girl.








Obviously someone was not too thrilled with Mommy taking pictures of her room......



I hope that you have enjoyed seeing Berkley's nursery! I look forward to many more memories made in this room with my sweet baby girl.

If you were wondering......

Bedding c/o Baby Designs by Elm

Furniture c/o Treasure Rooms

Rocker, Bookshelf, Wall Cubes c/o Target

Parisian Decor c/o Hobby Lobby

Eifel Tower Bank(pink) c/o Pier One


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Well done, Madison. I'm looking forward to doing a girly nursery someday! ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete